TEACHING AND WRITING, includes
- A Report on Corporate Governance Practices: Credit Unions, the Common Good and Regulatory Oversight, for The Financial Institutions Commission of British Columbia, November, 2005.
Director and Executive Education
- Economic Institutions and Concepts in International Law. Simon Fraser University, Heilongjiang Advanced Economics and Management Program, November, 2005.
- International Dispute Management. Simon Fraser University, Heilongjiang Advanced Economics and Management Program, November, 2005.
- Organizational Business Structures and Governance. Simon Fraser University, Heilongjang Advanced Economics and Management Program, September, 2005.
- Director Professionalism: Duties and Liabilities: Risks and Responsibilities. Institute of Corporate Directors, Corporate Directors College, May, 2005.
First Nations’ Boards and Councils
- First Nations’ Financial Management and Governance: Leadership Forum and Celebrating Excellence. Presentations to provincial and inter-provincial leaders, in collaboration with First Nations’ Visions Financial Management group for the Aboriginal Financial Officer’s Associations of British Columbia and Alberta (2006).
- First Nations’ Financial Management and Governance. A program developed in collaboration with First Nations’ Visions Financial Management group for the Aboriginal Financial Officer’s Association (2005-06).
- Directors Duties and Liabilities in First Nations’ Business Development. Simon Fraser University, First Nations Advanced Management Program, Haisla Kitimaat First Nation, July, 2005.
- Law and Governance: The Strategic Oversight Role in First Nations’ Councils and Business. Simon Fraser University, First Nations Advanced Management Program, Lake Babine First Nation, April, 2005.
Governance Platform ™ Writing and Seminars
- Case Study: Conflict of Interest or Integrity – Disney, [WIP,2005].
- Case Study: Lord of the Board – Conrad Black and Hollinger. 2005.
- Briefing Note: Beyond Trust and Loyalty – Not Common Sense. 2004.
- Briefing Note: Building High Performance Boards, Canadian Coalition for Good Governance. 2004.
- Briefing Note: A Test for an Effective Board. 2003.
- Briefing Note: Strategic Oversight — Pulling Up Your SOx. 2003.
- Briefing Note: WorldCom and Restoring Trust, R. Breeden. 2003.
- Briefing Note: Information Needs of Boards in the Twenty-First Century. 2003.
- Briefing Note: Post-secondary Institutional Senate Reform. 2004.
- Briefing Note: Right-sizing the Board. 2004.
- Briefing Note: Land-use Management Governance: New Communities/New Models (wip)
- Governance Literacy: Building Common Sense. (as am.) 2005.
- Governance Literacy: English:Mandarin [WIP, 2005]
- Information-Era Policy: A Report on the Governance of Business Processes in the Construction Industry. 2003.
- Leadership Literacy in Land-use Governance, ISOMUL, 2002. ( concepts of the public interest and deliberative processes).
- The Public Interest in the Agricultural Land Reserve: Cabinet Override. Consultant for Stakes in the Ground, a report for the B.C. Ministry of Agriculture, 1997.
Legal Writing and Reviews
- Employee Innovation Rights. Employment Law, newsletter, 1996.
- Guarantees and Indemnities. Canadian Institute, 1992.
- Dispute Management and International Trade in Intellectual Property. Design, Technology and the Law Program for Industry and Government, Design British Columbia, 1992.
- The Law in Professional Practice and Conduct, University of British Columbia, Adjunct Professor, 1992-94.